Monday, August 24, 2009

Fruits of the Summer

The blackberries are one of the highlights of living here in Bremerton, WA. Can't get enough! Ben and Noah's garden has yielded some yummy goodness as well as some of the fruit trees on our property. Funny (but major bummer) story: Our peach tree this summer was filled with gorgeous peaches (a rare treat for the northwest). Noah comes to the back door eating a peach. I was wondering why he was eating it because I had told him that our peaches weren't ready to be picked until daddy returned from sea (about a week from that point). Keep in mind we never get peaches on that tree (except maybe one a year). At that point I looked out at the tree and saw just one lonely peach left! "Noah, what happened to all the peaches?!!?", I said. "I shook them all down so that Winchester and I could eat them", Noah said. Sure enough, that dog, my son, and possibly my youngest son ate every last peach. Needless to say, the boys have since been trained not to shake the fruit trees!

No comments: